Prev: Re: Unofficial Civilizations Next: Re: GZG DS2 SG2: GE Mechanics

Re: GZG DS2 Tank Destroyers

From: "Andrew Martin" <Al.Bri@x...>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 1998 12:35:10 +1200
Subject: Re: GZG DS2 Tank Destroyers

Hedglin, Nils A <nils.a.hedglin@intel.com> wrote:
>Then there's the whole AT gun idea, which also
>seems to be invalidated by the speed of today's (& tomorrow's) MBTs.
>Has anyone tried making a self-propelled AT gun?
    My favourite SP AT gun variant is twin GMS/H in a turret on a size 2
High Mobility vehicle. The models I use are a friend's and they are 6/8
wheel Piranha/s with hammerhead TOW launcher like M901. This allows two
shots, they can indirect fire and fire while in defilade with FO, they
can
fire after moving (turret), they have high strategic mobility, are low
cost,
and hard to hit (D10 signature). I usually use them in platoons of six
and
hide them behind hills.
    Basically, the AT gun concept has been invalidated by the missile as
the
missile is more versatile.

Andrew Martin
Shared email: Al.Bri@xtra.co.nz
Web Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/
Blind See-Saw Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/SEE-SAW/
Dirtside II Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/DSII/
Dirtside II FAQ: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/DSII/FAQ/
GZG E-Mail FAQ:
http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/DSII/FAQ/Ettiquette.html
FUDGE GM Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/FUDGE/

Prev: Re: Unofficial Civilizations Next: Re: GZG DS2 SG2: GE Mechanics