Prev: Re: [DS2] GEV mechanics Next: New TBMD Laser

Re: GZG DS2 SG2: GEV mechanics.

From: "Andrew Martin" <Al.Bri@x...>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 1998 10:27:24 +1200
Subject: Re: GZG DS2 SG2: GEV mechanics.

Paul Lesack <lesack@unixg.ubc.ca> wrote:
>There is one thing about GEVs that has always bothered me. DSII allows
>GEVs (except fixed mount) to move then shoot. Hammer's Slammers'
>hovertanks had no problem firing when moving.
I was of the impression that the Hammer's Slammers Powerguns were energy
weapons with minimal recoil.

>Being suspended on a cushion of air, gun stabilisation should not be
too
>much of a problem. The main thing is recoil from the main gun. It seems
>to me that a hovertank would experience severe effects from firing a
>hypervelocity round. (Think air hockey).I suppose using directional
fans
>could compensate somewhat, but I don't think they could be that
>effective.
I would imagine that landing legs under the hover skirt would obviate
all
recoil problems by anchoring the GEV to the ground.

>I'm considering making a house rule that GEVs must fire before moving,
>but this would put them at a serious disadvantage.
Now you won't need to do this!

Andrew Martin
Shared email: Al.Bri@xtra.co.nz
Web Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/
Blind See-Saw Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/SEE-SAW/
Dirtside II Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/DSII/
Dirtside II FAQ: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/DSII/FAQ/
GZG E-Mail FAQ:
http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/DSII/FAQ/Ettiquette.html
FUDGE GM Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/FUDGE/

Prev: Re: [DS2] GEV mechanics Next: New TBMD Laser