Prev: Re: [ANN] FT Computer Core updated Next: [URL] Expansion Campaign

Re: OT: WW2 sub-vs-sub followup

From: "Paul O'Grady" <paulog@o...>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 1998 14:47:38 +1000
Subject: Re: OT: WW2 sub-vs-sub followup

A 5 inch gun is a fanatstic weapon...it can engage air targets (or at
least
oput up some nice flak to distract the target), very nicely chew up a
surface combatant, and put out the roughly equivalent firepower of a
towed
artillery battery against a shore target with a range of ammunition.  I
understand the USN is developing some rather flash ammo wiuth ridiculous
ranges, but whether we poor provo Navies will get it (or can afford it)
is
another matter.

The 5 inch gun-Dont leave home without it....I don't.

Paul O'G

Prev: Re: [ANN] FT Computer Core updated Next: [URL] Expansion Campaign