Prev: [GZG-OLC] The WINNERS Next: Re: Anti-armor mines!

Re: Indy hits with Pulse Torps!! A mini game report... (long)

From: jatkins6@i... (John Atkinson)
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 17:17:18 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Re: Indy hits with Pulse Torps!! A mini game report... (long)

You wrote:

>John Atkinson, another guy named Jason, and myself. Due to traffic in

BTW, that's Jason Atkinson, my younger brother.  That's why I can
insult him like that.  :)

>and while John typically uses the Core System Rules, we opted not do
(I really >personally don't like them much, think they tend to
unbalance things; a friend

Note--the unbalancing is generally in favor of the smaller ships, in my
experience.  They tend not to have so much damage left over when the
reactor core goes critical.  :)

>speed at the far end of the table was 4. John's was I think 8.

CruRon, thrust 4 for all but the 2 CLs.  8 it was.

>the ships I was facing (just how MANY area defense ships were in
there, for >example), I opted to be a bit more conservative. Thus also

Four--I had three medium cruisers, two in escort config, and 1 in
missle.  Both Jason's mediums were escort.  Unfortunately we broke
formation and lost two mediums before the fighters attacked.

>John got first shots on my lead destroyers, but failed to take one
out. Then

One damn point.

>In the end as John and Jason's ships broke off (while I tried to brake
to '0'; >the super-D had suffered a significant number of threshold
hits after 2 checks >which left it with no engines so it kinda drifted
backwards away at a speed of >5), I had lost ~4-5 ships and had a

Note that my parting salvo of SLMs came within what, 6 points of
blowing it up.	A few luckier rolls and it would have been too close to
call win/loss wise.

>I'm not sure what shape their ships were left in by this point. But
they >conceded that I took the victory )and moving away from me at

Well, I had three cruisers in dry-dock shape, plus two gone, including
the flagship.  Since we don't care about our allies, we won.  From the
alliance standpoint, the alliance lost.  Jason broke off with what,
half of his ships.

John M. Atkinson

Prev: [GZG-OLC] The WINNERS Next: Re: Anti-armor mines!