Prev: Gauss Weapons Next: Re: Six months to go....

Re: Damage Control Parties and Core Systems (was Re: Full Thrust FAQ)

From: Kelvin Henderson <kx.henderson@q...>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 09:42:56 +1000 (EST)
Subject: Re: Damage Control Parties and Core Systems (was Re: Full Thrust FAQ)

At 10:31 PM 8/25/98 +0000, you wrote:
>On Tue, 25 Aug 1998 16:12:17 +0100, jeremy claridge
><jeremy.claridge@kcl.ac.uk> wrote:
>
>>Can you have more than 1 attempt at repairing a damaged system
>>each turn. If you use different DCP's
>
>Yes, but you have to pre-allocate the Damage Control Parties first. If
you
>assign two DCPs to get a system up and running and you roll two 6s, you
the
>extra is wasted.
>
>I've been considering a house rule where each extra DCP assigned to a
system
>adds a +1 modifier to the Damage Control roll. So, you only roll 1D6,
but you
>add +1 for each additional DCP (or crew factor, as used in the Fleet
Book). A
>roll of a 1, however, is always a failure.

This actually is in the Fleet Book rules on page 8:  "For ships with
multiple DCPs, more than one may be allocated to a single repair job at
one
time; one DCP on its own will manage to bring a system back on-line on a
roll of 6, and each additional DCP on the same job reduces this needed
number by 1.  The maximum limit of DCPs on a single job is THREE, so
that
the highest chance of repairing a system is 50% (4+ on a D6) if three
teams
are allocated to do it.  Note that ALL teams put on one systems in a
single
turn make just the ONE roll."

-Kelvin....

   "And how do you suppose we stop them?
      Get a big red sign with the word
	    STOP written on it?"

Prev: Gauss Weapons Next: Re: Six months to go....