Prev: [S-ABSPFB] boarding actions Next: Damage Control Parties and Core Systems (was Re: Full Thrust FAQ)

Re: Standards in FT

From: agoodall@s... (Allan Goodall)
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 22:14:25 GMT
Subject: Re: Standards in FT

On Mon, 24 Aug 1998 18:09:59 -0700, "Phillip E. Pournelle"
<pepourne@nps.navy.mil> wrote:

>For the sake of discussion, what are the standard conversion units from
>Full thrust units to "real" space?
>	1 Mass unit = ??? tons
>	1 CC = ?? Volume
>	1 Measuring unit = distance?

There's no such thing, as mentioned in the Fleet Book. I suppose there's
a set
of standard conversion rules for the "official" background, but Jon
mentions
in the Fleet Book that there is NO standard for these. This allows you
to use
FT for ships as big as Berserkers or Iain Banks' Culture. In these
backgrounds, a NAC superdreadnought might only fit if it's designed as a
ship
of <= mass 16, and destroyers are simply represented as a squadron of
"fighters."

Allan Goodall	       agoodall@sympatico.ca

"We come into the world and take our chances
 Fate is just the weight of circumstances
 That's the way that Lady Luck dances
 Roll the bones." - N. Peart

Prev: [S-ABSPFB] boarding actions Next: Damage Control Parties and Core Systems (was Re: Full Thrust FAQ)