Prev: Re: GZG FT: Real world standards. Next: RE: Modeling Solar Sail Ships

RE: Infantry Walkers

From: douglase@o...
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 06:33:54 -0500
Subject: RE: Infantry Walkers

Here are my 2 cents to add to the pile,

	The graphic novel "Appleseed" had a pretty good rationale for
large
powered armor/inf. walkers.

	A group of terrorist have taken the Honda building and threaten
to blow
the whole thing up unless 10,000 what-nots are delivered in one hour.
Unable to sneak anything of large caliber past security they only have
small arms and grenades.  Seeing as our brand new Powered assault Suit.
Virtually immune to small arms fire and able to navigate through door,
stairs and hallways and then walk through the occasional wall the
terrorist
are in for a rude surprise.  Of course things started to change when the
terrorist groups started to get the bigger weapons into the city and
when
they showed up with a powered suit of their own the local cops got the
snot
beaten out of them before the heavy troops could show up and put the guy
down.  So now the urban scene occasionally gets real ugly as individuals
weilding tank guns and wearing armor immune to the local law enforcments
weaponry try to take each other out.

	Granted for DSII this does not have much relevance but could
make for
really good SG2 games.	your Police SWAT team has to put down a couple
of
class 1 walkesr in a city without causing to much collateral damage.
Have
to pull out my old Robotech models and see what I can come up with.

	       That Chuk Guy

Prev: Re: GZG FT: Real world standards. Next: RE: Modeling Solar Sail Ships