Prev: Re: Modeling Solar Sail Ships Next: RE: Infantry Walkers

Re: Infantry Walkers

From: Chen-Song Qin <cqin@e...>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 18:51:53 -0600 (MDT)
Subject: Re: Infantry Walkers

On Mon, 24 Aug 1998, Jonathan White wrote:

> Not necessarily. The human body is a very vertatile mechanical system
- it
> can crawl, run etc.. If you build a machine to a specific mode of
travel it
> doesn't need to be as complex. It's entirely possible, I would
suggest, to
> build something like what Ripley piloted in Aliens if not now, then
very
> soon. Admittedly it won't be any use for Ballet, but you could stick a
big
> frackin' gun on it and it'd do as a miltary vehicle. Of course, wjat
the
> distinction between one of these and power armour is I'm not sure..

I certainly hope that's not what power armor is like!  The walker from
Aliens would be almost useless as a military vehicle... except in
hand-to-hand combat against alien mothers of course :)

-
							=     =
Due to a mix-up in urology,				|^^^^^|
orange juice will not be served this morning... 	|^^^^^|
							|_____|
-

Prev: Re: Modeling Solar Sail Ships Next: RE: Infantry Walkers