Prev: Re: Infantry Walkers Next: RE: Printed works, period kinda long

Re: Infantry Walkers

From: Chen-Song Qin <cqin@e...>
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 1998 17:17:10 -0600 (MDT)
Subject: Re: Infantry Walkers

I don't know about the mobility part.  Two legs are fundamentally
unstable (even humans, much more intricately designed, can stumble in
bad
terrain) and need to be much more complex than other mobility types to
traverse the same kind of terrain.
Heh, I'd rather have an airborne tank, which would carry much heavier
weapons and armor for its size than a walker.

-
							=     =
Due to a mix-up in urology,				|^^^^^|
orange juice will not be served this morning... 	|^^^^^|
							|_____|
-

On Sat, 22 Aug 1998, Darryl Adams wrote:

> I personally like walkers (so I am anime fan). Personally I feel that
they are
> usefull  in bad terain and forrest/jungles.
>
> My favorite design is the Helldiver from Patlaborthat was an airborne
deployed
> mecha (I use them as orbitally insert). Garenteed to inspire fear in a
SGII