Prev: Re: [CHAT] Anyone at the chat this eve? Next: Re: GZG CHAT Anyone at the chat this eve?

Re: SGII campaign system (long)

From: tlsmith@m... (Terrance L. Smith)
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 20:54:39 -0600
Subject: Re: SGII campaign system (long)

>At 11:05 PM 8/19/98 -0600, you wrote:
>>Each player in the campaign commands a platoon. All players are on the
same
>>side. Players whose platoons are not involved in the current SGII game
play
>>the opposing side or are squad leaders for the active player.
>
>I think that you would need consistent opposing players. The idea
>of everyone on the same side seems to me like playing chess with
>yourself... I don't think that the opposing player would be motivated
>enough to win. Just my $0.02.
>

>     **********************************
>     * 	Tony Christney	       *
>     *       acc@questercorp.com      *
>     *     Buy in, log on, cop out    *
>     **********************************
Good point, but it really depends on the players. The group I play with
seem to love the chance to demolish their opponents, even if they are on
the same side during the strategic turn.

Actually, I set it up this way to make book keeping easier. This way I
only
have to keep track of casualties on one (the player's) side. The op
force
gets casualties assigned by rolling a die per the SGII rules.

Terrance L. Smith, Ph.D.
tlsmith@micron.net
Nampa, Idaho

Prev: Re: [CHAT] Anyone at the chat this eve? Next: Re: GZG CHAT Anyone at the chat this eve?