Prev: Re: Eureka minis homepage Next: Stargrunt 2 Morale Questions and Comments

[OT] How to read EPS map file (was Re: Mapping FT (#2))

From: Beth Fulton <beth.fulton@m...>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 09:28:33 +1000
Subject: [OT] How to read EPS map file (was Re: Mapping FT (#2))

>>>Encapsulated Post Script file. Not a bitmap file as such. If you have
>>>something like GraphicConverter or PaintShopPro that *may* be able to
view

>I'm uncertain about this but I think Ghostscript (a freeware program)
can
>read EPS.  It can read PS files quite happily in any case.

G'day,
		Paint Shop Pro 5 will make but can't read EPS files. I
used Ghostview
(freeware extension of Ghostscript) to open the EPS file customised the
page layout (i.e. page size) so all of the image was on the "page" then
"pasted to" (in Edit menu) a BMP file (basically just creates BMP file
of
the image - Ghostview can also do straight convert to BMP (also in Edit
menu)). I then used PSP5 to open the BMP and save as file type of choice
(in this case a GIF). This wasn't as complicated as I made it sound.

Hope this helps (or is at least of some use),

Cheers

Beth

----
----
Elizabeth Fulton
c/o CSIRO Division of Marine Research
GPO Box 1538
HOBART
TASMANIA 7001
AUSTRALIA
Phone (03) 6232 5018 International +61 3 6232 5018
Fax (03) 6232 5199 International +61 3 6232 5199

email: beth.fulton@marine.csiro.au

Prev: Re: Eureka minis homepage Next: Stargrunt 2 Morale Questions and Comments