Prev: RE: Printed works, period kinda long Next: Re: Fighter Screens vs SLMs

Re: Fighter Screens vs SLMs

From: John Leary <realjtl@s...>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 19:15:46 -0700
Subject: Re: Fighter Screens vs SLMs

Barton T. Anderson wrote:

> Can Fighter Screens be used against SLM salvos?  The description on
Pg. 6 of
> the FB seems to indicate that they're only effective against other
fighters,
> but elsewhere on that page it states that fighters can (generally)
intercept
> missiles, too.  I can see valid arguments on both sides of this issue,
but
> so far my ruling is that fighter screens CAN intercept missiles.  How
do you
> other folks play this?
>
> bTa

Thoughts, just to muddy the issue!

1) The SLM is called a missile, is mass two (the same size as a normal
FT/MT missile.).   (Thats one for the fighter intercept school.)
2) The 'missile' is a dispenser for 6, 1D6 submunitions.   If
intercepted by a fighter Sq. will the missile attack the ship with the
normal 1D6 attack or the fighters?   (The rules indicate the attace will
be against 'the nearest ship'.	 (The problem here is: How do you define

a 'ship'.)
3) Can the fighters intercept the SLM missile prior to the submunitions
being launched?
4) Does the submunition, if used against a fighter Sq. attack the Sq.
doing 1D6 per submunition, OR does the individual fighter hit with
a submunition get 1D6 damage?

Bye for now,
John L.

Prev: RE: Printed works, period kinda long Next: Re: Fighter Screens vs SLMs