Prev: Re: Space tactics Next: Re: Space tactics

Mapping FT

From: "Deakin, Robert" <RDeakin@c...>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 15:38:27 +1000
Subject: Mapping FT

FYI - Our GZG map uses actual data from the "basic" near star catalogue
(3,800 objects). A draft was placed on
http://www.netspace.net.au/~sneakin/expansion/expansion.html
<http://www.netspace.net.au/~sneakin/expansion/expansion.html>	last
year. A
complete rebuild of this map is almost completed using larger databases
(eg
NASA). The newer (yet to be published) version has an order of magnitude
more objects. The "WSWG"  gaming group (Melbourne, Australia)  has put
over
400 hours into the creation of this database to fit the GZG universe. It
also includes significant features within 1000 light years (planetary
nebula) and reference points for galactic clusters and arms. (Unless you
have shares in a mainframe it will be of little use). However at some
point
in the next 12 months the maps should be available (somehow).