Prev: Re: Vehicular Flamethrowers for SG2 Next: Re: No longer ...

Re: No longer ...

From: Nyrath the nearly wise <nyrath@c...>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 1998 06:37:33 -0400
Subject: Re: No longer ...

Mikko Kurki-Suonio wrote:
> Car Wars, which I used to play a lot, uses phased movement. You don't
need
> hexes to move in discrete units. An inch or any other measure works
just
> as well.  This *does* slow down the game but could be used for those
1-2
> ships per player, ultra-detail games. The *real* problem with this is
that
> it only works with vanilla movement -- the way you move your ship in
> vector movement does *not* represent the actual course it follows.

	I have a vague memory of the original black booklet
	TRAVELLER RPG: STARSHIPS.  They used a vector movement
	system.  As an optional rule, only half of the
	thrust vector applied in a given turn actually was
	added to the ship's current vector, the rest was
	added in the next turn.  This was to make the
	ship more closely approximate the actual course
	it would follow in reality.

	In reality, thrust is applied continuously
	over the entire turn, not in one giant burst
	at the beginning of the turn.

	Would this help the problem detailed in the quote above?

Prev: Re: Vehicular Flamethrowers for SG2 Next: Re: No longer ...