Prev: Re: GenCon Review with a GZG Emphasis (part 3 of 4) Next: Re: Engine Threshold Rolls

Re: FT Munchkins (Re: Mars #2 FT article)

From: jatkins6@i... (John Atkinson)
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 09:40:30 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Re: FT Munchkins (Re: Mars #2 FT article)

You wrote:

>degree).  I've had little Corvettes and Frigates fight until the
bitter end >while BB's and BDNs have surrendered after taking their
first Core >Thresholds (actually, that seems to be the only way it goes
in my

I'd modify it so that you couldn't strike colors until the end of the
turn.  Most escorts that I shoot at don't end the turn damaged--massive
volleys come in one after another until they go *POOF* (Cruisers go
*BANG*, Captials go *BOOM*).  I've taken down destroyers with heavy
frigates in one volley--17 points of damage with 2x2, 2x1, lots of 6s.
Which leads to another question:  What is origin of expression "Rolling
like a crack whore" which is apparently equivelant to "Having the
Devil's Own Luck"  Just heard it Tuesday, never before.  But Capitals
take a while to take down.  So they'd have time to surrender.  I'd also
permit ships which can break off to do so in lieu of striking colors.

John M. Atkinson

Prev: Re: GenCon Review with a GZG Emphasis (part 3 of 4) Next: Re: Engine Threshold Rolls