Prev: FT Weapon systems Next: Needle Beams

Re: Other Forces

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@n...>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 14:49:08 +0200
Subject: Re: Other Forces

John Atkinson wrote in reply to Noah Doyle:

> >	NAC: North & South America (see FCT), British Isles (status of
> > Eire unknown), Japan (nominal)
>
> Just North and Central America.  South America is League of Latin
> American Republics.

No, the LLAR lost *all* its Earth territories to the NAC in 2098 and
don't seem to have regained them so far.

> >	ESU: China, Russia, India, Poland, Czechia, Slovakia, Korea
>
> Assumed:SE Asia

SE Asia is controlled by the Indonesian Commonwealth (conquered Malaysia
in 2039, Burma and Thailand in 2053 and the rest of Indo-China in 2054;
there is no mention in the FT2, MT or DS2 books about them losing any
territory on Earth).

> >	FSE: France, Spain, Italy
>
> I assume:  Greece, Ireland, Portugal, Belgium, Luxembourg

Basically everything in the EC that doesn't go to the NSL, except the
Netherlands. Not sure where the northern (Flemish) parts of Belgiom
would
end up, though - they may have jioined the Dutch instead since they
don't
seem to like their French(-ish) speaking southern countrymen much :-/

> >	NSL: Germany, Austria
>
> Assume:Lichtenstein.

Unless it kept its independence along with Switzerland, of course.
Hungary probably belongs to the NSL - all the Eastern European states
except those of the RH seems to have been in the NSL from 2101 to 2124,
and only Poland and "Czechoslovakia" (FT2 was published prior to the
split...) left it to join the ESU. I'm a bit surprised that those states
left the NSL, though - I'd rather have expected Bulgaria and Romania to
do that.

> >	RH: Byelorussia, Ukraine
>
> IIRC, also have some bits of the Balkans and south-eastern Europe

Not according to the timelines, no... but then I'm assuming that the
Eastern European states carry out their current intention to join the
EC.

> > What about Latvia, Lithuania & Estonia?  Postulated: The
>
> Good question.  Historic ties to Poland and Germany, some of them used

> to speak Swedish.  I can see them as ESU, NSL, or even Scandanavian
> Fed.

None of which is correct :-/ They're listed as having formed the Romanov
Hegemony together with the Ukraine and Buelorussia (FT2 timeline, 2047
entry).

Later,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@nacka.mail.telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: FT Weapon systems Next: Needle Beams