Prev: Re: Terrorism, about 50% Off-topic Next: Turn 27

RE: UN Ship Nomenclature

From: Chen-Song Qin <cqin@e...>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 18:30:38 -0600 (MDT)
Subject: RE: UN Ship Nomenclature

On Mon, 10 Aug 1998, John Atkinson wrote:

> There's a hypothical Steel Panthers III scenario with a company each
of
> Belgians, French Paras, and US Marines protecting three buildings
> (their respective embassies) spread out among an entire city and under

> attack by much larger forces.  I admit the only reason I won was
> because the computor was stupid enough to bunch one of his attack
> forces up in the street in a single hex.  Harriers dropping a
> half-dozen bombs will clean up anyone stupid enough to do that.

Has anyone tried using the Steel Panthers series to simulate some DSII
battles.  It seems easy enough to make MOB files with new vehicles and
new
stats.	But it'll be some work to translate the stats between systems
though.  I've seen some new scenarios for SP that are DSII-esque, like a
new MOB file for the Lizards from Turtledove's WorldWar series.

> to terrorists, insurgent, or even someone's regular military, probably

> after mutinying (sp?) and joining the Revolution, which drops the
> leadership to three since they shot all the officers and sergeants and

> are running things as a democracy.

The true measure of a revolution.  The civil authority is run as a
dictatorship, and the military is run as a democracy.

-----

Even the engineers are not *this* depraved.  This must be the work of
the
Med. students.

						- A friend of mine

-----

Prev: Re: Terrorism, about 50% Off-topic Next: Turn 27