Prev: Re: Terrorism, about 50% Off-topic Next: Re: Terrorism, about 50% Off-topic

Re: Terrorism, about 50% Off-topic

From: Niall Gilsenan <ngilsena@i...>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 17:57:24 +0100
Subject: Re: Terrorism, about 50% Off-topic

At 12:09 10/08/98 -0500, you wrote:
> Terrorist strikes can't be stopped easily--if all else
>> fails, the bad guys can borrow someone from the IRA to teach them how

>> to set up remote-controlled homemade mortars.  Not too effective at
>> causing mass casualties, but with nerve gas warheads. . .
>Of course, we've seen how accurate they are with mortars (remember
>when they tried to pick off Maggie Thatcher)? But Nerve Gas or
>Bioweapons make a whole new game.

A friend of mine in Texas was telling me recently that you can now mail
order the ingredients for Anthrax.  There were a few programs about
bio/chemical warfare on BBC recently.  One lunatic they interviewed had
written a book on how to make chemical weapons in your own kitchen.  He
didn't see anything wrong about what he was doing at all.

Not to mention the S.African attempts to introduce infertility into the
black population during the 70s and 80s.

Can you imagine bio weapons in 200 years?  Gene weapons designed to
attack
over a period of time and perhaps only certain genetic types.  Forget
your
starships and ground trooops.  Just drop bio-agent into the water supply
of
a colony and 10 years later they cease to exist.  Or are severely
weakened.
Niall Gilsenan,
DIT Cathal Brugha St,
Dublin 1,
Ireland.

ngilsena@indigo.ie
The miscellany (Sci-Fi combat games)
http://members.tripod.com/~Cwintel/Scifi.html

Prev: Re: Terrorism, about 50% Off-topic Next: Re: Terrorism, about 50% Off-topic