Prev: RE: UN Ship Nomenclature Next: Re: UN Ship Nomenclature

Re: UN Ship Nomenclature

From: "Jared E Noble" <JNOBLE2@m...>
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 1998 15:08:46 -0900
Subject: Re: UN Ship Nomenclature

Thomas Barclay <Thomas.Barclay@sofkin.ca> on 08/07/98 01:11:27 PM

Please respond to FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk

To:   FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk
cc:    (bcc: Jared E Noble/AAI/ARCO)

<SNIP a bunch of ship classes and designation ideas...>

>How about Glaciers? Columbia, etc. (I'm short on names, but there are
>a bunch)
>
>Those are just some other ideas.
>/************************************************
>Thomas Barclay

Glaciers bring to mind images of Slow, Massive structures, Crushing
things
in their creeping path - sound like a SuperDreadnought to me.  Anyway,
if
anyone is interested I could dig up some glacier names - Alaska seems to
have over half the glaciers in North America - fits really well with all
that tundra.  Columbia, Portgage, Mendenhall, Matanuska, Knik, Yentna
and
Lacuna all spring readily to mind - but there are certainly lots more.
Unfortunately I cannot provide much info on Glaciers elsewhere, which
may
not seem very fair for the UN...

Prev: RE: UN Ship Nomenclature Next: Re: UN Ship Nomenclature