Prev: EFSB to FT:FB Next: Multi-Grade FTL (Was Re: Launching non fighters (FTL drive))

RE: SG2, Changes to initiating close assault rules

From: Thomas Barclay <Thomas.Barclay@s...>
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 1998 13:48:49 -0500
Subject: RE: SG2, Changes to initiating close assault rules

Stuart spake thusly upon matters weighty:

> The first thing you could do is, if your regulars have assault
> rifle/grenade launchers, say that your guys have armour piercing
grenades,
> when the PA comes near spend an action reorganising, tell your
opponent
> that your guys are reloading with AP rounds only.  Ok so you should
drop
> the FP  of the rifle one until you reload with GP grenades, however,
until
> then you could use the AP rounds as IVAR against the PA.

Or maybe a die shift weaker impact than an IAVR (which is d12 if I
recall). But I like this idea  a lot too.

  The second thing
> is tell your opponent that all your regular, non SAW, troops have
IVARs,
> when the PA nears splat, dead PA.

Even every second guy!

  Third, if your rgs are not moving much
> (when facing PA mine tend to be fairly static as the PA is racing
round
> like headless chickens, give your regs claymore mines (the one in the
book,
> I forgot its name),

CDMs - Command Detonated Mines.

Excellent strategic use, assuming you are in fixed defenses or have
an action to plant them and the enemy doesn't see you planting them.
(If he does, at least he'll know what he has to deal with).

Good Advice, Stu.

Tom.

Prev: EFSB to FT:FB Next: Multi-Grade FTL (Was Re: Launching non fighters (FTL drive))