Prev: Re: SG2, Changes to initiating close assault rules Next: re: space mirrors

RE: SG2, Changes to initiating close assault rules

From: "Glover, Owen" <oglover@m...>
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 1998 15:41:09 +1000
Subject: RE: SG2, Changes to initiating close assault rules

Hi Wayne,

Interesting suggestions, although honestly I think they are more
appropriate for a Skirmish level game.

your second option seems more fluid and less likely to clutter the game.

Mind you I'd be questioning why a lone 'suicidal' trooper is in a
position that he is Close Assaulting anyone anyway? We try to keep a
more reasonable game flow going. ie what we call our 'moral' approach.
Put yourself in the troopies place and ask yourself if you would do the
same thing in that situation. We try to avoid the 'because the rules
don't say I can't then I will' situations. Gaming is after all meant to
be fun.

On the other hand, I find PA so powerful that a lone PA trooper would
reasonably be able to have at a bunch of softskins!!

So Wayne, interested in coming along to Western Suburbs this weekend?
Paul O'Grady and myself are organising a three table 5 player game. Not
as big as our Demi Battalion game at the Open Day but big.

Cheers,

Owen G