Prev: Fleet Book Tugs Next: RE: A question of Suppression

Re: Launching non fighters (FTL drive)

From: Chad Lubrecht <lubrecht@U...>
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 1998 00:33:18 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: Launching non fighters (FTL drive)

On Wed, 5 Aug 1998, laserlight wrote:

> > The character of the game can be radically changed if the mass
> > requirements for the FTL drive were changed (via a house rule)
> > to 30% or 50%.
>
> Or points cost increased.

I personally don't like this idea, as the FTL really has little
effect on most FT games, so paying such high costs for it seems strange,
the increased mass seems to be more representative of different tech
levels to me.
In a campaign, of course, FTL provides much more significant advantages
and point cost changes are appropriate.

> >  I could see a campaign game situation where
> > one race has different FTL requirements or if the FTL mass is an
> > item available for research up a technology tree.

-----
Chad A. Lubrecht
lubrecht@udel.edu
http://udel.edu/~lubrecht

Prev: Fleet Book Tugs Next: RE: A question of Suppression