Prev: A question of Suppression Next: Re: Carrier design in FT

Re: Carrier design in FT

From: jatkins6@i... (John Atkinson)
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 1998 15:14:30 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Re: Carrier design in FT

You wrote:

>with such systems. Real fighters have ranges that are way long
>compared to FT ranges. Drop Tanks? Consumable Warp Packs?

Unless either I'm blind, or everyone else houserules it, fighter
endurance doesn't count turns spent in transit to and from objectives.
Only combat turns, and they get six of those.  You could fly for fourty
turns, fight for four, break off, and get home with a two-turn combat
reserve.  It's just that most people don't want to go to the nuisance
of dealing with off-board carriers.  Hell, some people don't do
off-board artillery when playing Dirtside.  Which leads to little
chunks of artillery pieces bouncing all over the desert due to one
little ol' FISTV getting LOS.

John M. Atkinson

Prev: A question of Suppression Next: Re: Carrier design in FT