Prev: Re: Campaign administration software? Next: Boarding party ships

Re: Noble Armada

From: "Geo-Hex" <geohex@m...>
Date: Sun, 2 Aug 1998 14:52:55 +0000
Subject: Re: Noble Armada

> From: 	 <IronLimper@aol.com>
> Reply-to:	 FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk
> Date: 	 Sat, 1 Aug 1998 10:19:42 EDT
> To:		 FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk
> Subject:	 Noble Armada

> Has anyone bought or reviewed this space combat game for the Fading
Suns RPG?
> I just saw it in the store yesterday and apparently it is both a space
combat
> game and a boarding actions game. It includes aprox. 20 odd plastic
figs, but
> there were no pictures of them on the box. The price was $55.00. How
is the
> game, and is the company planning to bring out a line of ship figs?
Thanks for
> any help.
>
> Don

Movement is a little more detailed than FT and carried out on a
hexgrid.  You fire to knock out shields, and loss of shields also can
slow a ship down (meteorites and space dust start to erode the hull).
The package resembles Silent Death, they give you mini's, stands and
dice as well as rules and a gameboard.	We'll be making the
"official" cloth starmat for them after Gen Con.  Also included are
paper templates resembling the old Traveller style templates for
moving about inside the ships.	The game is designed to mesh with the
Fading Suns roleplay system, so characters can come into play.
Example:  instead of using the generic gunnery skill, a weapon system
manned by a player character uses that character's stats.

AOG will be making metal ships for the line and these should be
available - I believe - at Gen Con.

KR, Geo-Hex

Prev: Re: Campaign administration software? Next: Boarding party ships