Prev: Re: Simple is good Next: RE: Simple is good

SG: Close Assault Combat and armour

From: "Phillip E. Pournelle" <pepourne@n...>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 1998 16:46:57 -0700
Subject: SG: Close Assault Combat and armour

Hello,
	In the current draft of StarGrunt powered armour infantry gain a
*2
multiple for their armour.  This is partly to reflect the effects of the
hydro/pneumatic strenght enhancement the armour provides.  However, we
should consider some other factors as well, particularly the benefits of
normal body armour.  We know that body armour does help in hand to hand
combat (those guys running around in full plate did it for a reason),
but
in StarGrunt if we have a regular soldier in partial light armour (d6)
and
another regular soldier in Full Light armour (d8) they both roll a D8
(quality die) with no multiple.  Then the outcome of their fight is
resolved by who rolled the higher die...
	I have two possible solutions:
	The first is that the combat multiple is based on the die type
for the
armour.
	Armour type		armour die		combat mutiple
	None			D4			2/3
	Partial 	D6			1
	Partial Full	D8			4/3
	Powered Lt		D10			5/3
	Powered Hvy		D12			2

	The second solution is to modify the "Am I dead yet?" roll that
takes
place after close assault and give modifiers for body armour type.
	Personally, I think the first option is better.  I would
apreciate other's
reactions and suggestions.
	Phil P.

Gort, Klaatu barada nikto!

Prev: Re: Simple is good Next: RE: Simple is good