Prev: Re: Simple is good Next: Re: Stargrunt WWII conversion

Re: Stargrunt WWII conversion

From: Mike Looney IONet <mlooney@i...>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 1998 12:37:33 -0500
Subject: Re: Stargrunt WWII conversion

John Atkinson wrote:

> You wrote:
>
> >> elements of a truly elite force--Rangers, 307th Engineers, SAS,
> >> Foreign >> Legion Paras, Green Beanies, etc.
> >
> >307th Engineers????	Your unit I take it....
>
> Hell, no.  I'm 229th EN BN.  The 307th EN (ABN) BN is the divisional
> engineer batallion from the 82nd Airborne.  Historically has had both
> higher percentage of casualties and of decorations than any of the
> infantry batallions.	I've had the pleasure of working with several
> former members of that unit--including my current platoon leader who
> was a sergeant in the 307th.

Oh.

I take your LT is an OCS type then.

In my years in the US Army it seemed that the OCS officers made the best
Platoon leaders, so-so battery commanders and crappy battalion
commanders.

Could be the officers in question also, as my OCS LTC "data sample" was
only one.  He could have been an ass as 2LT as well.

Prev: Re: Simple is good Next: Re: Stargrunt WWII conversion