Prev: RE: Miniture Basing Next: RE: SG2 Vehicle Questions

RE: 15mm figures.

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 18:13:53 +0100
Subject: RE: 15mm figures.

>On Mon, 27 Jul 1998, Noah Doyle wrote:
>
>> defunct.  They were good to excellent quality.  25mm Traveller stuff
has
>> been produced off and on over the years (RAFM, Grenadier, others I
Don't
>> Know About).
>
>Citadel made some 25mm Traveller figs in the 80's. And that's the
origin
>of the "pointy-nose" Space Marines popularized by WH40K.

Actually, no. The Citadel SF stuff made in the early 80s was their
Spacefarers range, which actually had more in common with the 15mm
Laserburn stuff. There was a set of Spacefarers miniatures rules, which
I've got around somewhere. The first pointy-helmet Space Wombles were a
set
of figures sculpted by Bob Naismith in the mid to late 80s, which went
on
to become the Space Marines we all know. They didn't have the flares at
that stage though. None of these were anything to do with Traveller -
the
only Traveller related stuff that Citadel ever did were the15mm boxed
sets
from the early 80s.

Jon (GZG)

>--
>maxxon@swob.dna.fi (Mikko Kurki-Suonio)	    | A pig who doesn't
fly
>+358 50 5596411 GSM +358 9 80926 78/FAX 81/Voice   | is just an
ordinary pig.
>Maininkitie 3C14 02320 ESPOO FINLAND | Hate me?    |	       - Porco
Rosso