Prev: Thanks and More stuff Next: New Mini

RE: SG2 Vehicles

From: Noah Doyle <nvdoyle@m...>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 1998 22:38:48 -0500
Subject: RE: SG2 Vehicles

	Here's an idea - give vehicles a 'travel' mode, like infantry.
Instead of
a double move, they get a triple move (36") each action.  This
represents
really putting the hammer down.  They would be fired upon at one range
die
less, as infantry.  They would also get no cover benefits if caught
during
a move - you're moving too fast to bother with that.  If suppressed, the

next action they take MUST be a REORGANIZE (where are we, and who the
hell
shot at us?).
	For fire on the move, take all shots at a one higher range die?
This
cannot be done in travel mode.	(Well, maybe with 2 range die shifts; I
put
that in for some level of balance)  A vehicle moving in Travel mode
cannot
spot, either - except by being fired upon.  Lesson - keep GMSs in
overwatch
on likely vehicle dash routes...
	Aside, though - I have never had an SG2 game where there wasn't
cover less
than 18"-24" away...but my games usually resemble either a small urban
fight or the NATO/WarPac Central Front...

Noah

Prev: Thanks and More stuff Next: New Mini