Prev: RE: SG2 Vehicle Questions Next: Mixing MilSpeak & Wargame Dialects

Re: 15mm figures.

From: Brian Burger <burger00@c...>
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 1998 22:46:55 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: 15mm figures.

On Fri, 24 Jul 1998, Gary Kett wrote:

>	  Thank-you Brian. Please do send me the addresses. I find 15mm
> little easier to operate with for wargaming. It is also easier to to
make
> terrain, scratch-built vehicles and have room for manouver.
>
>			  Gary
Plus, of course, it's cheaper...

Glad to hear of another 15mm SF scratchbuilder - my last project was a
_very_ large interface shuttle - designed to land an entire MechInf or
light armour platoon (up to 4 Size 4 vehicles) at once...the beast is
made
of styrene, roughly 13" long, 11" wingtip to wingtip, and about 7" from
landing gear to the tops of the vertical stabilizers. I haven't used it
in
a game yet, and it's a beast to carry around, but it was a good project,
and it sure is distinctive...I'll write it into some scenarios soon.

The adresses: I'm housesitting for a bit, so my catalogs are at home,
but
here's TableTop Minitaure's address:

TT Miniatures
40 Queens Rd North
Eastwood
Notts
NG16 3LA
United Kingdom

Getting in touch with GZG's Jon Tuffley is easy: he's reading this as
well. His email adress is:  jon@gzero.dungeon.com   and the GZG catalog
is
online, although the exact URL has gone missing on my computer...

I'll get Irregular's address out soon, in the next couple of days.

The FreiKorp15 North American outlet is Outland Games, at
outland@erinet.com

Going back to scratchbuilding: In early May, I posted a longish article
the list on modifying GZG 15mm figs - specifically, I made snipers (in
ghillie suits), EW troopers, medics, and groundmount Heavy Weapons
troopers. The article sort of fell into a black hole - I can't recall it
generating a single response. Anyway, if anyone wants a copy, I'll
forward
it via private email.

Must go, (there's a very fine microbrewed dark ale wanting my
attention...)

Brian (burger00@camosun.bc.ca)

Prev: RE: SG2 Vehicle Questions Next: Mixing MilSpeak & Wargame Dialects