Prev: Re: Conformal Movement Next: Re: Orbital Insertion

Re: 15mm figures.

From: Brian Burger <burger00@c...>
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 1998 18:40:26 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: 15mm figures.

On Fri, 24 Jul 1998, Gary Kett wrote:

> Could anyone tell me if there are figures for SGII in 15mm. I have a
large
> number of old Traveller figures, Grav tank, and APC's but don't see
much of
> them anymore.
>				  Gary

I play SG2 in 15mm, and there are a number of manufacturers still out
there.

GZG has NAC & ESU figs, in packs of eight for 1.75 pounds sterling.
They're very nice - email Jon about ordering some. No vehicles (although
gather GZG used to manufacture some 15mm vehicles) The NAC figs make up
the bulk of my force, and I'll be getting more sometime.

FreiKorps15 has "Aliens" style figs - I don't know what they're like,
but
I've heard good things about the quality of FreiKorp's other stuff.
Anyone
own any?

Irregular Miniatures has a small 15mm sf line - they look a bit Sp*ce
M*r*ne-ish, and Irreg's quality varies, but they're cheap. I've got some
on order, and I'll post a review to the list when they arrive. They have
few vehicles, as well.

TableTop Miniatures has a fairly large 15mm sf line - including the only
sf 15mm civilians, cops and starship crewpersons I know of. I just got
their catalog yesterday, so I don't know what they're like - the line
drawings in the catalog look a bit GW-ish, but not much. Also a few
vehicles.

I have addresses for Irreg and TT, and a US email address for a
FreiKorps
distributor. Let me know if you want these.

Anyone else? Have I left any companies out?

BTW - one of the recent issues of Wargames Illustrated had a color photo
of a large 15mm SF battle, from one of the UK cons. Some cool buildings;
the article had a interesting scenario, and it was nice to know that
15mm
SF gamers do get some attention every now and then...

Brian (burger00@camosun.bc.ca)

Prev: Re: Conformal Movement Next: Re: Orbital Insertion