Prev: RE: SG2 Vehicle Questions Next: RE: Strange Idea FT2

Re: Strange Idea FT2

From: therubydragon@m...
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 1998 01:38:35 +0000
Subject: Re: Strange Idea FT2

> From: 	 "Al.Bri" <Al.Bri@xtra.co.nz>
> Reply-to:	 FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk
> To:		 <FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk>
> Subject:	 Re: Strange Idea FT2
> Date: 	 Sat, 25 Jul 1998 16:02:27 +1200

> Aaron Davis aka therubydragon wrote:
> >... For troop transports
> >instead of using Landing craft why don't you just land the whole ship
> >on the planet. Instant base, and a lot of extra mass for the troops!
> >would just hate to try to attack a mass 500 fully streamlined thrust
8
> >troop transport with 50 mass of MILITARY weapons and 200 mass for
> >troops. Mind you it would be EXPENSIVE but hey it would be different!
>
>     And, of course, if I were the defenders, I would be lobbing in
Nuclear
> artillery shells, or Nuke tipped GMS/cruise missiles. I sure I could
afford
> a dozen or two against a transport with this many troops on board. One
nuke
> kills everything in a 2" radius on the Dirtside II table. So that's a
REALLY
> LARGE hole in your transport!
>     The point of having landing craft is that if you lose one landing
craft,
> you still have plenty left. If you lose your streamlined starship,
you've
> lost all that it was carrying at once!
>     Also, by having the star transports remain in space, they are in
range
> of the protection of your space navy, and so can be defended against
the
> attacks of enemy SDBs and starcraft.

This is all very true. The Idea had just struck me like a bolt of
cloth:) so I decied to send it to all ye old peace-loving pacafiest
to rip it to shreads! I thank all who responded to the message.
Althouh I wonder why nobody commented on the scale I used for my
First FT game (10sec. turn, 1000km/inch) ;)

BTW What is 1" in DS?????

That which does not destroy me, had better be able to run FAST

Diplomacy is saying "nice doggy" until you find a rock.

Those who live by the sword, get shot by those who don't.

Despite the cost of living, have you noticed how it remains so
popular?

I don't suffer from insanity. I revel in it
Aaron Davis
www.geocities.com/timessquare/castle/8274/index.html
davisrc@king.igs.net

Prev: RE: SG2 Vehicle Questions Next: RE: Strange Idea FT2