Prev: Re: SG2 Vehicle Questions Next: GZG online chat

Re: SG2 Vehicle Questions

From: Tony Christney <acc@q...>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 09:21:00 -0700
Subject: Re: SG2 Vehicle Questions

At 05:15 PM 7/23/98 +1100, you wrote:
>Just to add my two cents worth...
>
>Ted Arlauskas wrote:
>  I just have a
>> hard time with a vehicle having to stop (not move) to fire.
>> In the abstract context of the game,  don't think of the vehicle
>actually stopping to fire... For example if in the previous action
>(previous activation)the model vehicle moved 12" then in the next
action
>its stationary on the playing surface firing, then in the next action
it
>moves 12". This doesn't necessarily mean over the whole period you
>simulate move, stopped and fired then move again. Because the game is
an
>abstract simulation of combat it really means that the vehicle actually

>was moving a bit slower than normal(24") over a period of simulated
time
>so it could get a shot off rather than moving flat chat at 36" over
that
>same time frame.

Also, remeber that vehicles are moving much slower than their max speed
in SGII. 240m every 5 minutes in SGII, whereas a tracked vehicle moves
1200m in 15 minutes in DSII. So vehicles in SGII move at roughly half
speed compared to DSII. I doubt that the speeds vehicles move at in SGII
would even have an effect on their firing at all.

>Regards
>Trevor Dow
>Adventurous Spirit

     *	       Tony Christney	      *
     *	     acc@questercorp.com      *
     *	   Buy in, log on, cop out    *

Prev: Re: SG2 Vehicle Questions Next: GZG online chat