Prev: Re: Interesting trivia Next: Interesting Signature Lines - It's on topic!

Re: SG2 Vehicle Questions

From: "Al.Bri" <Al.Bri@x...>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 16:43:14 +1200
Subject: Re: SG2 Vehicle Questions

Gary Kett wrote:
>	 I don't think that the complexity of vehicles should be set
aside
>just because SGII is an "Infantry game". I think that vehicles are a
very
>important part of the game. Most other rule systems usually combine
both
>infantry and armoured rules since the two are usually always present in
>ground combat. I would think that most formations on the offensive
would be
>pleased to have armoured support. I can't see how adjusting the rules
>incorporate detailed vehicle data and rules would hurt.

    Yes, vehicles are important, but they can also be overwhelming. In a
squad level game like Stargrunt II, having more than 2 or 3 vehicles per
side is overkill. Stargrunt II is for handling those interesting squad
on
squad level actions where vehicles can't go and so aren't present. For
example, assaulting positions in woods or cities, and similar
vehicle-hostile areas.
    Dirtside II is the better system for massed vehicles. Actually, in
my
humble opinion, Dirtside II and the rest of the GZG rule systems are the
best in the world.

Andrew Martin
Shared email: Al.Bri@xtra.co.nz
Web Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin

Prev: Re: Interesting trivia Next: Interesting Signature Lines - It's on topic!