Prev: Re: No Good Guys? Next: Re: SG2 Vehicle Questions

Re: SG2 Vehicle Questions

From: Tony Christney <acc@q...>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 10:31:16 -0700
Subject: Re: SG2 Vehicle Questions

At 11:23 PM 1/27/98 -0500, you wrote:

> Can I ask anyone why this vehical has two turrets yet only one gunner?
If
>each had to be seperatly manned, it seems strange that an extra gunner
would
>not exist. If there is only one gunner, perhaps he sits at a control
board
>that allows him (through camera optics) to operate both turrets.
However, I
>can't see the logic of having the gunner move about the vehical to
operate
>two seperate turrets. I can't think of a moderen example off hand. Are
there
>any?
>
>					 Gary

Yes, there is an Italian recon vehicle with two independent turrets.
I don't remember the name, but there is a picture of it on the Jane's
website. It definitely has at least three crew members, since the
pic had a driver and crew in each turret. Not only that, but it's a
pretty cool looking beast.
	Tony Christney
	acc@questercorp.com

Prev: Re: No Good Guys? Next: Re: SG2 Vehicle Questions