Prev: RE: Drifting to DSII (was Re: New Fighter Types (drifting OT....)) Next: Re: EFSB playing time.

RE: Vector movement question was (Re: Movement types etc)

From: Noah Doyle <nvdoyle@m...>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 23:12:45 -0500
Subject: RE: Vector movement question was (Re: Movement types etc)

	There are probably ways to get around this without adding too
much more,
if any, to the rules.
	You seem to have a problem of limited resources, so we will nix
the more
attractive option (shooting the cheater).  For the clutz, I would ask
for
clarification: is he a physical clutz, in that he fumbles the direction
counter, or a mental clutz, in that he fumbles the procedure?  If
mental,
where does he screw up?
	For the cheater, there are a few options.
	1) Direct confrontation.  Satisfying (not as much as gunfire,
but hey...)
but it usually loses you a player.  Few cheaters can take their lumps
and
reform - at least in the same game session.
	2) Indirect confrontation.  As somebody wise pointed out
earlier, have him
move first.  This allows you to make a point without saying 'J'accuse'
his face.  More likely to give him the point than...
	3) Collective Punishment.  Designate an umpire - all move orders
are
turned over to that person, who then reads them out loud, and everybody

moves their ships.  The ump reads his/hers first, and all orders are
subject to scrutiny by any player (after they are turned in, of course).
call this 'Collective Punishment' because it does slow the game down for

everybody, but once you get used to it, it's not so bad.

Noah