Prev: No Good Guys? (Re: ATTN Jon T: Free CalTex Government and Society?) Next: RE: Drifting to DSII (was Re: New Fighter Types (drifting OT....))

RE: SG2 Vehicle Questions

From: "Glover, Owen" <oglover@m...>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 08:18:08 +1000
Subject: RE: SG2 Vehicle Questions

-----Original Message-----
From: Ted Arlauskas [mailto:ted@naxera.com]
Subject: SG2 Vehicle Questions
Hi Ted,

>I'm unsure as to how weapons work on SG2 vehicles.  Here are my
questions:

>a) I've got an APC with 2 turrets, each with an RFAC/1.  I've got a
driver
>and a gunner/commander.  On ACTION 1 of TURN 1 can I fire both weapons?
If
>I fire both weapons, then I assume the vehicle cannot MOVE (because the

>driver is firing one of the weapons) - is this correct?

As I understand the rules the Vehicle can either MOVE or FIRE in one
action, just like Infantry Squads. Firing either or both weapons is an
action; apply normal target priorities for firing.

>b) Same APC, but the driver is busy driving (MOVEing) both ACTIONS.
Can the
>gunner FIRE both actions, but with a different turret/weapon each
action?  Can
>he attack seperate targets since he has 2 turrets?

Hmm, I think you might be reading too much into this. Firecontrols are
wonderful things; I would think that with Firecons you could engage
separate targets. Unlike firing pintle mount weapons requiring a
separate person per weapon........

>c)  I've got a WOMBAT APC with a turreted GAC/1 and a pintel mount
RFAC/1.
>Can
>I use 1 FIRE action to have the gunner fire the GAC/1 at a target and
the
>SAME
>FIRE ACTION to have a trooper fire the RFAC/1 at a different target?
the same
>target?
 I think you will fing that the 'pintle mount' RFAC/1 is more likely an
External Co-Axial mount aka German Marder.

Owen G