Prev: SG2 Vehicle Questions Next: Re: Drifting to DSII (was Re: New Fighter Types (drifting OT....))

Re: ATTN Jon T: Free CalTex Government and Society?

From: Doug_Evans/CSN/UNEBR@U...
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 12:40:06 -0500
Subject: Re: ATTN Jon T: Free CalTex Government and Society?

Howdy, Brian!

Well done! When the first post or two came out, I started with just a
comment in reply:

***Just shows how different our prejudices are. My experiences are that
there are enough reactionaries in Orange County, CA/USA, alone, to make
the
entire state of Texas look like a 'worker's paradise'. *shrug*

Which is generally ok as we all hate effete eastern snobs, which is
anybody
east of Iowa, I think.

The_Beast, in Nebraska, where we still say Howdy!***

...but bagged it as gratuitous. Use of over-the-top stereotypes
certainly
can be used for fun. (Sniffing, foppish, blue-blood NAC officers were
exactly what I envisioned when I tried that bit of fluff about Lady,
Dame
Evans.)

 However, your offered future history seems plenty rich, and gives
everyone
who wants to run FCT plenty of freedom of art to paint, build, just
about
anyway they like. I'd envision the strong independence streak of the
individual parts of the FCT would mean small, but very independent,
units
fielded.

Also, the repression by NAC definitely feeds to the 'no good guys' line
JT
mentioned earlier. ;->=

The_Beast, who DOESN'T wear cowboy boots, and DOES have an anorak...

Prev: SG2 Vehicle Questions Next: Re: Drifting to DSII (was Re: New Fighter Types (drifting OT....))