Prev: RE: Steam Powered Starships? Next: Re: Conformal Movement

Datalink

From: Los <los@c...>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 1998 13:55:20 -0700
Subject: Datalink

One thing I always liked about Starfire was the datalink. I'm not sure
how redundant this is with the FB system as opposed to the FT2 system,
but it would be neat to equip a ship with datalink and then it can
control all PDS fires of friendly ships within a certain range, (3 or
6MUs?).

It would have worked well in FT2 negating the need for seperate PDAF and
ADAF systems, where instead you buy a cheaper in mass and cost datalink
and then designate the datalink flagship.

Los

Prev: RE: Steam Powered Starships? Next: Re: Conformal Movement