Prev: Re: Other 25mm Aliens Next: Re: GZG-ICQ online chat

Re: GZG-ICQ online chat

From: "Stuart Ford" <smford@e...>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 1998 11:04:16 -0500
Subject: Re: GZG-ICQ online chat

>Allow me to question what we get out of ICQ as a chat mechanism
>(since chats would be scheduled?) that we don't get from IRC? IRC
>seems a more standard (okay maybe I'm dated) mechanism.

There is a limit to 7 people in chat using ICQ. On ICR you are limited
only by the servers setting for maximum users per room.

>Would firewalls block ICQ that would not block IRC?

We have a really nasty firewall here at work, it not only masks and
filters trafic, but also modifies the packet headers.  ICQ has nothing
but problems with this.  I can't send/receive files, or open chats.

That's the other reason i'm using ICR for the chat.  Just in case one
or more of you are under the same situation.

SF

  What has four legs and an arm?
							A happy pit
bull!

       Stuart Ford - Spheris Technologies, Ltd.

Prev: Re: Other 25mm Aliens Next: Re: GZG-ICQ online chat