Prev: Flying Saucers and Rocket Ships Next: Toronto Trek: Success!

Re: Other 25mm Aliens

From: Doug_Evans/CSN/UNEBR@U...
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 11:49:14 -0500
Subject: Re: Other 25mm Aliens

Funny, when I think Flash Gordon, I visualize the flying irons/boxcars
of
the Buster Crabbe series. ;->=

I've said it before, for the senuous, soft curves so familiar to those
of
us who were lads in the fifties, the TSR Sathar ships had some
interesting
entries. BTW, does an one know if these were done by Heritage? As usual,
boxes at home.

I would, indeed, be interested in seeing a couple/three sets( I really
think these boys would need their own enemies), but I think it'd be
difficult getting the designs right to appeal to most folks inner
visions.

One image is of long, slender with sweeping tail fins sprouting from as
much as half way up the sides. Pointed and boat-tailed, usually the
heroic
explorer or defender of the space ways.

Another would be harsh, angular, with jagged, maybe sawtooth, edges.
Punked-out Kra'Vak? Usually the bad guys, but Star Frontiers reversed
it.

Flying saucers are great, but I've not seen any that match up with
Forbidden Planet/Day Earth Stood Still/Twilight Zone beasts of my youth.

The_Beast, blithering instead of documenting

Ground Zero Games <jon@gzero.dungeon.com> on 07/15/98 10:51:50 AM

Please respond to FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk

To:   FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk
cc:    (bcc: Doug Evans/CSN/UNEBR)

>Ground Zero Games <jon@gzero.dungeon.com> wrote:
>
>> Yes, we now have eight figures in the Bug-Eyed Martian (BEM) range -
real
>> '50s B-movie style aliens with "hairdryer" rayguns!	No piccies yet,
but
>> the list is in the latest update to the online catalogue (see Paul
Owen's
>> recent posts).
>
>Could be just what I need to get back into painting again :-)
>
>How about some FT ships of a similar vintage: either
>disc shaped, or roughly conical with fins ?
>
>Alun.
>(alun.thomas@cbis.com)

Well, we are already thinking about a little "scout saucer" in 25mm,
maybe
big enough to land a squad of Martians in the backwoods....
As to FT size ones, does anyone else think there is a market for some
saucers and maybe some Flash Gordon/Dan Dare style rocketships? BTW,
Scotia
do a couple of nominally 6mm Flying Saucers (larger one is about an inch
diameter) that will do for FT, or as Vree ships for B5.

Jon (GZG)

Prev: Flying Saucers and Rocket Ships Next: Toronto Trek: Success!