Prev: Getting dumped. Next: Re: Pirates and strategic movement

Re: An idea for spotters for snipers

From: Los <los@c...>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 23:54:33 -0400
Subject: Re: An idea for spotters for snipers

Glover, Owen wrote:

> This sounds okay; personally I'd arm the No2/Spotter with a SAW or
some
> other weapon with a little more Firepower than the FP3 Impact d10 of
an
> Advanced Assault Rifle with GL. Consider that today the standard
> Infantry rifle is somaething like the M16A2 and the No2 may carry a
203
> or M249/Minimi.

Well while it's certainly a valid idea, (carrying the heavy firepower)
the
primary role of the spotter is to Spot. If anything he may have even
more
advanced optics than the sniper. A scoped assault rifle is a common
spotter
weapon.  (depends on the mission of course). I would think that a SAW
might
be a bit much to hump. The spotter usually lugs the radio, a big pair of
binos or a spotter scope, and and his own ghillie suit (plus his normal
kit). Me personaly, I'd stick with an M4 (maybe a 203) preferring to
remain
light and mobile.

Los

Prev: Getting dumped. Next: Re: Pirates and strategic movement