Prev: Re: FT Fiction Part Two of two (Long) Next: An idea for spotters for snipers

RE: Grenade Launchers. Recoilless Rifles, SAWs, and other stuff

From: "Glover, Owen" <oglover@m...>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 08:54:23 +1000
Subject: RE: Grenade Launchers. Recoilless Rifles, SAWs, and other stuff

Hi ya Tom,

-----Original Message-----
From: Thomas Barclay [mailto:Thomas.Barclay@sofkin.ca]

>(more ammo usually). If this is so, how do we justify taking a weapon
?>that rolls D10s or D12s for FP and reducing it to D6s or D8s for
>Firecontrol instead? That makes a vehicle mounted MG less dangerous
>as a rule than a normal one. I'm much more likely to score casualties
>with Quality + d10 or d12 than Quality + d6 or d8. Comments?
>Suggestions that I'm off my tree or failed to understand something?

(Please note that their IS CURRENTLY NOT ANY Firepower SAW of  d12 - max
is Superior Firecon is d10)

Ha ha, here is where the discussion with Phil went comparing RFAC and
SAW.

As I understand it the range bands of the turret mounted weapon become
12 inches when using a Firecon. So we have a trade off - Firepower
versus range bands. Consider a Greeen or Regular troopie using a d8 SAW.
FP d8, Qual d6/d8 and the target is at 6/12/18/24/32 inches for the
Green and 8/16/24/32/40 inch range bands.

Using Enhanced Fire Con - Firer is Firecon d8, Qual d6/d8 and Target
Range bands are 12/24/36/48/60. Now which is less effective??

Que?

Owen G

Prev: Re: FT Fiction Part Two of two (Long) Next: An idea for spotters for snipers