Prev: RE: Carrier design in FT Next: Re: gravity and ftl [longish] (was severalm other things)

Re: Gravity, Tech & others (was Re: Orbits, etc)

From: Brad Holden <holden@t...>
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 1998 12:13:22 -0500
Subject: Re: Gravity, Tech & others (was Re: Orbits, etc)

<lots of stuff snipped>

   On the gripping hand, it means you can have a scenario where
   the only alder^H^H^H^H^Hjump point in a system is inside the
   outer shell of a red supergiant...

   --
   Be seeing you,
http://www.bifrost.demon.co.uk/Gaming/Gaming.html

The above rather, shall I say, off hand comment got me thinking.  I
recently reread a Mote in God's Eye and was wondering if anyone had
put together any rules for FT for the Niven/Pournelle Empire universe.
It seems like it would be straight forward, the important thing would be
to write rules for the black globe generators or whatever those shields
are called.  The cool thing ( or is it hot thing?) is that everyone at
the
table knows how much more damage you can take.

Any thoughts on this here matter?

Prev: RE: Carrier design in FT Next: Re: gravity and ftl [longish] (was severalm other things)