Next: RE:

Re: No subject

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@n...>
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 1998 00:50:12 +0200
Subject: Re: No subject

Pascal Saradjian wrote in an un-subjected post:

> I am newbie so i will ask a newbie question.

Go ahead! (BTW, please give your posts a subject, even if it is only
"Newbie question" or something...)

> Can you tell me if the army organization for troop not present in the
rule Stargrunt II
> (IS,MERC,MILITIA,...) exist ?

None official. There are some around on the 'net... and probably some
inside your head too :-)

Mind you, there's no official army organization for the NAC, NSL, FSE
and
ESU forces either - pps 67-69 of the SGII rulebook gives *examples* of
units from these powers, but they should in no way be considered "army
lists" or "army organisations"!

> In SGII, Jon speak about a supplement with a budget system. What are
the news > about this supplement.

Quoting the SGII rulebook, page 10:

"We know a few people with whinge about the lack of a points system, but
we sincerely hope that most players will agree with our point of view
[ie, points system unnecessary]; if you REALLY, REALLY can't live
without
the points, let us know and we'll put a system in the first supplement
.."

There hasn't been any supplements to SGII so far, and AFAIK very few
people seem to think that they REALLY, REALLY can't live without a
points
system after the first few games (and have told Jon so). I personally
don't think that BDS ("Bugs Don't Surf", a combined DSII/SGII supplement
coming any decade now ;-) ) will have a points system. IIRC there are
some attempts floating around the 'net, but I have no idea of where nor
of how accurate, or not, they are.

Happy gaming,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@nacka.mail.telia.com