Prev: RE: Carrier design in FT Next: RE: Lazy Man's Cammo

RE: Star Wars Figures

From: "John Jeffery Shoemark" <shoemark@a...>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 1998 18:45:15 +1000
Subject: RE: Star Wars Figures

I don't want to get too far off thread with this or seem too pedantic
but;
people seem to forget that SW was a very popular system but is showing
it's
age design wise. The rules are quite good and the design when first
released
was considered state of the art. One thing GWS and others have done in
the
last five years is make consumers expect more smoke and mirrors from a
rules
system. This is not a bad thing. It makes miniatures gaming more
accessible
to the non gaming public (blasphemers!) and in the long run this can
only be
good for us fanatics ( and those of us stupid enough to try and make a
career of the hobby)
I salute WEG for a good product and mourn the demise of a company run by
nice folk. I hope their product survives.

John S

Prev: RE: Carrier design in FT Next: RE: Lazy Man's Cammo