Prev: Re: Dogs, use of (non-explosive), cats, and grav bikes. Next: RE: KV in the New System

Re: Carrier design in FT

From: Jon Davis <davis@a...>
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 1998 19:18:09 -0400
Subject: Re: Carrier design in FT

Tony Francis wrote:

> This brings up a couple of questions / clarifications that arose from
> a game I played last weekend (first go with the FB rules) :
> 1) How fast can carriers recover fighters ? We used the same rates as
> for launching, two groups per turn. Can they launch and recover in
> the same turn ? We said yes in this case because the carrier in
> question was a big Brigade through-deck job with more than enough
> deck space to do both.
> 2) How long do fighters take to refuel / re-arm ? We assumed one turn
> for each endurance point, ie six turns. There were no long-range
> fighters involved so we didn't have to deal with them.

Depends on your house rules.  I think that the FT rules are launch or
recover only up to a maximum of two groups, but if your ship design
allows it, why should I argue?

For rearming, I've seen a variety of answers.  Our group plays that
1D6 fighters in a group are rearmed in a turn.	It makes it a little
more
tense to get the fighters out the door.  Other house rules have one turn
in the barn, some two turns.

Jon

Prev: Re: Dogs, use of (non-explosive), cats, and grav bikes. Next: RE: KV in the New System