Prev: Re: Question about the "B5-like" GZG minis Next: Re: TNE Aslan Minis

Fate of the XM8 (was RE: Adv Missile Sys)

From: <Sabmason@a...>
Date: Sun, 5 Jul 1998 22:22:29 EDT
Subject: Fate of the XM8 (was RE: Adv Missile Sys)

In a message dated 98-07-05 20:03:39 EDT, pmj6 writes of the XM8:

<< This vehicle, however, was recently cancelled.  It may be restored in
another
 budget, for for the time being the program is dead. >>

Crap.  Yet another promising system, killed by stupid budget concerns.
We've
got the biggest & best economy in the world, and it's doing better than
it has
in the last 50 years, maybe ever, and the gov't still begrudges money to
anything useful.  (SARCASM FOLLOWS) Hey, we're never going to have any
more
big enemies, and major wars are a thing of the past!  Let's cut the
military
to the bone! (SARCASM PRECEDES).  Typical American gov't: win a war,
kill the
military.  OK, I'm done ranting for now.

Noah

Prev: Re: Question about the "B5-like" GZG minis Next: Re: TNE Aslan Minis