Prev: GZG Future (was Re: Odd FT Idea) Next: Re: Odd FT Idea

Re: Advanced Guided Missile systems

From: Los <los@c...>
Date: Sat, 04 Jul 1998 23:44:30 -0400
Subject: Re: Advanced Guided Missile systems

Richard Slattery wrote:

> Erk, how did the thing ever get ordered and produced if it was that
> useless?

Since it was air dropplable it remained in the US inventory for many
years. Primarily in the 82d
airborne. The fact that the tank was in our inventory for about thirty
years should be your first
indicator that it was not the lemon some would have you believe. The
tank was robust, reliable,
and air droppable. (though I've seen three burn in over the years. Was
it the kind of tank you
would want to go toe to toe with an M1A1 or a T80? No. Could it provide
reliable support to an
airborne battalion? You bet.

Prev: GZG Future (was Re: Odd FT Idea) Next: Re: Odd FT Idea