Prev: Re: Advanced Guided Missile systems Next: Re: Odd FT Idea

Re: Odd FT Idea

From: jatkins6@i... (John Atkinson)
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 1998 23:44:35 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Re: Odd FT Idea

You wrote:

>As a side note, I refer to UK citizens as brits, it's easier. Do the
>americans on this list have any objections to me calling them Yanks?
>It's traditional for Brits to call you /all/ yanks, whether you are
>Yankees or not.

I've never considered Yanks to be derogatory.  Yankees (as in "Yankee
go home!") is unless referring specifically to New Englanders (esp the
stereotypical New England Liberal, see: Kennedy, Any), and God help the
'furriner' who mistakes a Virginian for a Yankee.  BTW, anyone else
think the best exchange out of all the Sharpe's series movies was
"You're an American?"
"No, suh.  I am a Virginian."

John "Unreconstructed" Atkinson

Prev: Re: Advanced Guided Missile systems Next: Re: Odd FT Idea