Prev: Re: John Atkinson Next: Re: John Atkinson

Re: SAW versus HMGs in StarGrunt and DirtSide

From: jatkins6@i... (John Atkinson)
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 1998 21:54:43 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Re: SAW versus HMGs in StarGrunt and DirtSide

You wrote:

>	The Squad Assault Weapon is the "Heavy Rifles" listed in
DirtSide
for >Powered Armor forces.  If a fire team has a SAW in it then it can
fire up >to 8 inches and draws three chits.  A SAW in SG costs 8
points.  The free >weapon that vehicles get are the SAW and take up no
space.

Flaw is that every team, or at least squad, since WWII has had a
SAW/LMG in it.	And that's what does the killing, rather than the
rifles of the troops.  So there'd be no difference between power armor
and regular infantry in DS.

>	Meanwhile, I believe that RFACs and GFACs should draw three
chits
against >infantry as well in a DirtSide game.  Of course a RFAC/GFAC-1

I truly agree!

John

Prev: Re: John Atkinson Next: Re: John Atkinson